Barrowford Windows is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Barrowford Windows may change this policy by updating this page. From time to time you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes, although we will inform you on your next visit if we do change it.
This policy is effective from May 2018.
- Information collected by our website
- Controlling your personal information
- Website Security
- An Introduction to cookies
- Your consent for cookie deployment by our website.
- Cookies used by our website
- Actual cookies deployed
- How to disable cookies
- What we collect
For the purpose of making an enquiry, our website may collect the following information:
- name, phone number ad email
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- What we do with the information collected
We need this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have given consent for this to happen.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to point out that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, share or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may ask for details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Barrowford Windows, 14 Townhouse Road, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 9LW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is wrong or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will quickly correct any information found to be wrong.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our website operates using a strict SSL secure certificate which encrypts any data transmitted.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to watch which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies deployed by our website:
- ensure that functionality operates as intended
- remember your choices and preferences during and between visits
- allow you to share pages via popular social media networks including Facebook and Twitter
- allow you to interact with our website by leaving comments or opinions
- post enquiries via online forms
- track your visit for statistical analysis, allowing us to improve the usability, speed and security of our website
Cookies are not deployed to:
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission)
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- pass data to advertising networks
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- pay sales commissions
Below is a table of information which lists all cookies deployed and used on our website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|Google Analytics (Universal)||The single default cookie for Google Universal Analytics. This sole cookie used by Goole Analytics stores a unique client identifier (Client ID) which is set randomly. This cookie is set to expire after 24 months (2 years) and is refreshed each time you visit our website. Also uses the _gid and _gat cookies.|
|Hosting Cookie||We use more than one server to provide web pages. When you visit the website, you are assigned to one of several servers. These cookies are required to track which server you are communicating with in order to present a consistent user experience and remember information about the data you have entered. This cookie does not identify you personally and is not linked to any other information we store about you.|
|WordPress Author||If you choose to submit a discussion/comment to our website, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email and website address.|
|WordPress Device||This cookie records your device's pixel ratio. If your screen resolution is a retina or Hi DPI screen, then the website may choose to serve you higher resolution graphics.|
|WordPress Session||These WordPress session cookies are created if and when you log into WordPress either as an administrator or contributor to the website.|
|WordPress Settings||Several WP Settings cookies may be set if you log into the website. The number on the end is your individual user ID from the users database table. This is used to customise your view of admin interface, and possibly also the main site interface.|
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. You call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Current consent status: